[Doc-SIG] Python documentation review (fwd)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:38:00 -0500 (EST)

Ka-Ping Yee writes:
 > I don't know if you wanted purely technical corrections or
 > editorial revisions, but i've tried to keep the list down

  All of the above!  ;)

 > to small things.  Here we go.  I'm going to use "-" and "+"
 > to indicate suggested changes (before and after).

  No need to change the HTML; I've got the translate back to latex
anyway.  ;)

 > I have also marked up these changes in the text itself.  See
 >
 >     http://crit.org/http://www.python.org/doc/1.5.2p2/tut/
 >
 > and look for the little red marks.

  This is pretty cool!

 > 2.1.2 Interactive Mode
 >
 > use   to keep example prompts on one line, as in:

  Ok, I can do this (which actually surprises me!).  Both places.

 > 3.1.2 Strings
 >
 > example "Unlike a C string, Python strings cannot be changed."
 > How about adding a suggestion of what you can do here?

  Good idea; it'll be there, with your example.
  I'll check the changes in when I've got my automounts working
again... ;(
  The changes from your other message are already checked in; thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>