[Doc-SIG] Docstrings Format

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:26:31 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Tim Peters wrote:

[Moshe Zadka]
> That's two people who already suggested ST-NG, so I'll have to take
> a look at it.

[Tim Peters]
> I don't know anything about ST-NG.  I do know that my current employer likes
> it a lot, and they can buy my vote without even asking for it <wink>.

Is a vote for ST-NG a vote for Bush too? <duck!>

[Tim Peters]
> Seriously, ST has been in production use at DC for years, so I'm with the
> seeming consensus that it wins by default.

OK, as soon as my home computer finishes upgrading dpkg and I can connect
to it for more then 1 Byte/sec, I'll add references to ST-NG in the PEP.
Note that this means that we have to address Mark H's comments:

 -- extending ST-NG for Python's use (see goals "a" and "b" in the PEP)
 -- enforcing meta-ST-NG rules, so the collection of all docstrings will
    form a valid ST-NG document (or perhaps not. Is this the next
    doc-flamewar?)

documentation's-fun!-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il> -- 95855124