[Doc-SIG] pydoc small letters. was: Ho hum - back to work...

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:17:29 +0100

Hernan Martinez Foffani wrote:
> It used to be "more" difficult to increase the font size on Ping's
> pydoc HTML output. (By "more" I mean that you have to look for the
> <small> tag around the code.)

It was the use of <small> tags that I disliked - they're a Bad Idea!

> In the pydoc.py that's included in 2.1 it's only a one line change
> that's logically located:
> the "small()" method

Ah - thanks.

I haven't got that version yet (still using 1.5.2 Python, and haven't
updated pydoc for a little while). One day I'll "officially" grumble
that using <small> is Bad, and should not be the default (but only when
I've worked out why he wanted it, and what one can do to alleviate the
"problem" that was trying to be solved!).

Tibs
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"