[Doc-SIG] pydoc small letters. was: Ho hum - back to work...

Hernan Martinez Foffani hernan@orgmf.com.ar
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:00:45 +0200

>de Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)
>
>I haven't got that version yet (still using 1.5.2 Python, and haven't
>updated pydoc for a little while). One day I'll "officially" grumble
>that using <small> is Bad, and should not be the default
>(but only when
>I've worked out why he wanted it, and what one can do to
>alleviate the
>"problem" that was trying to be solved!).

Taken from a pydoc's comment:

	# Note: this module is designed to deploy instantly and run under any
	# version of Python from 1.5 and up.  That's why it's a single file
and
	# some 2.0 features (like string methods) are conspicuously absent.

So it seems that you can download the 2.1 version from CVS and use it
to browse your 1.5.2 Python.

Since I'm leaving my office now, I'm emailing you the "unrequested"
pydoc.py version 2.1 file.

Regards,
-Hernan