[Doc-SIG] Re: Issues with 2.1 doc PDF files

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:05:55 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Ok, I learned that this is said to be expected behaviour
> > in 2.x. Still, I think it should be documented in the
> > main FAQ and not only in this one:
> >
> >   http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#line24
>
> Rather than complaining, you can do it yourself.  The main FAQ's
> password is "Spam".

Great, I didn't know that! What is still unclear to me
is if there is a real need for two FAQs (and maybe more
in the future)? Especially, as the MoinMoin one seems to
be unreachable from python.org and python.org/search.
To me right now it looks like leading people astray with-
out a good reason.

Also, given more frequent releases, would it make sense,
perhaps, to indicate the Python version that a specific
feature/module/whatever is available from in some of the
standard Python documentation files?

Dinu