[Doc-SIG] Issues with 2.1 doc PDF files

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
25 Apr 2001 23:54:31 +0100

Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com> writes:

> I would surmise that for almost everybody, HTML wins big over PDF
> onscreen, and PDF wins big over HTML for printing.  Soon, I bet we
> won't have to distribute PostScript any more, because everyone can use
> PDF for printing.

Well, if I were to print out the python docs anytime soon (I'm not)
I'd definitely reach for the postscript.  OTOH, I'd also probably
build it locally.  But as long as it's not much burden to have both,
it's not that much of an issue.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I have a feeling that any simple problem can be made arbitrarily
  difficult by imposing a suitably heavy administrative process