[Doc-SIG] Re: Comments on DPS and reStructuredText

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:27:36 +0100

[followups trimmed - just going to Doc-SIG]

Garth T Kidd [mailto:garth@deadlybloodyserious.com] wrote:
> Tony's very first post would have come out pretty much as he expected.
> The bullet list would have come out in a blockquote, but what the hey.

Ah - depends on your email client. There were (by mistake) tabs lurking
in various places in the documents, so in, for instance, Outlook
<fx:spit>, some of it looks very silly.

As to blockquotes and lists - I'm personally undecided whether::

    Some text.

        1. A list

should put the list in a blockquote or not, particularly since I often
like that form in the "raw text" over the (textually) equivalent::

    Some text.

    1. A list

I *suspect* that this may be a hint at a requirement for a qualifier on
the output software...

Tibs

Well we're safe now....thank God we're in a bowling alley.
- Big Bob (J.T. Walsh) in "Pleasantville"