[Doc-SIG] Suggestions for reST "modes"

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:30:55 +0100

> Thanks, Tony. Good ideas.

Thanks. One of the advantages of DPS is it formalises some of what was
in the back of my head at the start of the year, which is that one
*would* want to apply this stuff to other places one was writing (email
being an *obvious* example). Having "modes" formally defined up front
(and the ability to add new ones) is a Good Thing, thus (STNG was
half-way there, with the idea of overloading classes, but that's not
quite the same thing).

> I think these should actually be
> DPS modes, with parser support. I'll add them to
> dps-notes.txt (for now).

OK. In a way, since you're clearly intending that adding new "modes" be
not too hard, the number of modes initially present in the original
package isn't too important.

Tibs

Well we're safe now....thank God we're in a bowling alley.
- Big Bob (J.T. Walsh) in "Pleasantville"