[Doc-SIG] Comments on the reST specification - comments

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:25:51 +0100

David Goodger wrote:
> Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) <tony@lsl.co.uk> wrote on 2001-08-08 5:59 AM:
> > Just one note - *do* we need ``.. comment::`` if we are going to
> > retain ``.. `` as *meaning* comments?
>
> Nope. You forget about ``.. comment::`` and I'll forget all about
> ``.. hyperlink::`` and ``.. footnote::``. Deal?

<fx:laugh> OK, it's a deal. (so, in retrospect, apologies for the (now
closed and pinched off) loop in the conversation about ``.. comment`` -
but I feel *I've* learnt something from it, so it wasn't wasted for me).

> I've redefined explicit markup starts to be two periods followed by
> whitespace, which includes a newline (end of line). Ditto for the
> space after bullets & enumerators.

Yes - I actually saw that in a later email message you'd sent to Garth,
but figured I'd already mail-bombed the list too much to bother saying
so.

(by the way - do we prefer to reply *just* to the list, or is replying
to all recipients explicitly considered desirable?)

Tibs

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"