[Doc-SIG] quick_reST 0.4.6

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:45:54 +0100

I've uploaded a new version of the quick reference, at (as always):

	http://www.tibsnjoan.co.uk/reST/quick_reST.html

It merges back in some changes David made, and has a start at some text
(well, a table) about what to do in docstrings if you want to use
backslashes to escape reST things.

Main other changes: all uses of <pre> in the left hand side of tables
removed (this gives better formatting in many browsers); title hack
suggested by David adopted (to get the <tt> part in a better size) -
this may be temporary.

(hmm - will we ever reach version 0.5?)

Tibs

(who's now having mad thoughts about::

    .. reSTexample::
       :title: Inline markup
       :link:  :rest:reStructuredText.html#inline_markup
       :plain: ``*emphasis*``
       :shown: *emphasis*

directives, despite having said to David that one couldn't use reST to
produce the quick reference...)

Give a pedant an inch and they'll take 25.4mm
(once they've established you're talking a post-1959 inch, of course)