[Doc-SIG] suggestions for a PEP (and new schedule)
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:11:21 -0000
There are significant disadvantages to working through one's email
without any lookahead (even if it is faster).
Edward D. Loper wrote:
> For now, Tibs and I will do separate PEPs. I think that
> working alone,...
I agree with Edward, not for the first time.
By the way, flagging future events:
1. I'll be away from the office tomorrow (Thursday), so I'd appreciate
it if noone did anything interesting until Friday (!!!)
2. I am aiming to try to finish both my PEP and the alpha release of
docutils by the end of next week, or failing that (at the very worst) by
the end of the week after.
docutils will include:
* proper docstrings, with nice doctesting
* better support for labelled paragraphs (things like::
#fred# -- an argument
* the option of choosing validation or not, and some useful validation
if it is chosen
* a sensible decision on what to do with badly indented paragraphs
(including complaining if validation is on, of course)
* support for in-document references (this is new new code, as opposed
to amended code)
* an example of how the PEP itself can be done as a STpy variant
(including the necessary Python code) - this is a good way of showing
how to customise docutils, and should require minimal change to the PEP
* a rewritten STpy.html document (i.e., the STpy spec) to reflect
current status and thoughts, with at least the starts of "curvy warning"
bits to talk about the nooks and crannies of STpy
There *may* be a 0.0.5 release before its all finished - depends how
long it takes and how much sleep I can do without.
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) http://www.tibsnjoan.co.uk/
"Bounce with the bunny. Strut with the duck.
Spin with the chickens now - CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!"
BARNYARD DANCE! by Sandra Boynton
My views! Mine! Mine! (Unless Laser-Scan ask nicely to borrow them.)