[Doc-SIG] Re: docstring signatures

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:41:37 +0100

Juergen Hermann wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:53:17 +0100, Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:
> >Erm, "Arguments:" and "Returns:" (the last is an "I think", 'cos I
> > don't tend to use it)
>
> Hmmm, I think you mean "Argumente:" and "Rückgabewert:". :>

Strangely enough, the reason docutils (my STpy implementation) uses a
dictionary to "translate" these terms is so that non-English writers can
have something sensible as an alternative (although probably not in the
alpha).

Tibs

Give a pedant an inch and they'll take 25.4mm
(once they've established you're talking a post-1959 inch, of course)