[Doc-SIG] Teud: XML based documentation generator

Itamar Shtull-Trauring lists@itamarst.org
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:30:07 +0200

As Juergen Hermann previously mentioned, he and I are working on an
XML-generating documentation generator. The output can then be converted
to HTML or other formats using XSLT, etc..

One concept we use for deciding what to document or not I haven't seen
anywhere else - everything in __all__ is considered a public interface.
In later versions of python, __all__ is a list of strings - the names of
objects that get imported when you do "from module import *". For
example:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/Lib/dircache.py?rev=1.10&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

This is a pretty clear match to the concept of being public.

Homepage:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/python/moin.cgi/TeudProject

Download:
http://itamarst.org/downloads/Teud-1.1.tar.gz