[Doc-SIG] Re: "docutils"

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:22:53 +0100

Me:
> > But it does mean I now don't know what to call "pydps"
> > (since "pydoc" is already taken).

David:
> How about "dps.modes.pythondocstring" or just
> "dps.modes.docstring"

But that doesn't address what to call the command line tool, and it also
doesn't take account of the fact that it's handling much more than the
docstrings...

> (do you think anyone will ever implement an Emacs-lisp
> docstring  mode? :-).

I sincerely hope so. (no smiley at all!)

> I think dps.modes is where much of it will go.

I'll probably (!) defer to yourself on packaging, later on - although it
*might* be that the "suck in a Python package/module and report on it"
stuff should actually be a different module than docutils (was DPS)
itself.

Tibs
"Bounce with the bunny. Strut with the duck.
 Spin with the chickens now - CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!"
BARNYARD DANCE! by Sandra Boynton