[Doc-SIG] Producing output

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:31:06 -0400

Hi Ueli,

> Excellent job -- thanks (this obviously includes David Goodger!!)

You're welcome!

> - `dps2html` wants an `Errorist` class, whoch I found nowhere and
>   assumed that David's `Reporter` would do fine.

You're the victim of rapid change. I just checked this change in yesterday;
`Reporter` is the new name. Tony hasn't had a chance to update his code yet.

What is `dps2html`? I haven't seen that one. Perhaps an old copy?

> - David has used `bibliographic_labels` in his language files,
>   whereas, in restructuredtext/restructuredtext/states.py, it's
>   `bibliographic_fields`.

`bibliographic_fields` in dps/parsers/restructuredtext/languages/en.py is
for parsing bibliographic field lists. `bibliographic_labels` in
dps/languages/en.py is not used yet, and may move; it was intended for
output writers to generate labels appropriate for tags. Basically the two
have opposite meanings and uses. `bibliographic_fields` is for converting
``:Author: Kilgore Trout`` to ``<author>Kilgore Trout</author>``.
`bibliographic_labels` is for converting ``<author>Kilgore Trout</author>``
back to ``Author: Kilgore Trout`` or ``Kilgore Trout, Author`` or something
like that.

Inadequately documented, yes.

> In pydps/html.py, there are several references to `element.tagName`
> which should probably read `element.tagname`.

You must be looking at an old version. Tony's latest has been updated to
this particular change.

You must realize that these projects are being updated almost daily. Many
aspects of the APIs have not settled yet and are subject to change. If
you're interested (and I hope you are!), please consider subscribing to the
specific mailing lists:

- reStructuredText development:
- reStructuredText CVS checkins:
- DPS development: