[Doc-SIG] rtxt2html style sheets in the sandbox

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:27:59 -0400

I've put Remi Bertholet's style sheets in reStructuredText's new sandbox:

    http://structuredtext.sourceforge.net/sandbox/rtxt2html/

Although I do not endorse all aspects of the layout & formatting choices
Remi made, I do think this is very, *very* cool. Thanks Remi!

An example reStructuredText file (by Remi, slightly edited by me), processed
to XML and containing a link to the style sheets (using the new
``--styledxml`` option to tools/quicktest.py) is at:

    http://structuredtext.sourceforge.net/sandbox/rtxt2html/example1.xml

You'll need a browser compatible with .xsl and .css; I know M$ IE5 works.

The style sheets are not complete. Several constructs were not ready when
Remi sent me the files (tables, image directive, document with a title,
auto-numbered footnotes). Remi, it would be great if you could add these to
the style sheets (however you'd like them to look!).

A snapshot of the entire sandbox is available at:

    http://structuredtext.sourceforge.net/rst-sandbox-snapshot.tgz

Also available from CVS of course.

If you use ``quicktest.py --styledxml`` on other files, the style sheets
have to be in the same directory as the output for it to work.

Enjoy!

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net