[Doc-SIG] DPS & reStructuredText 0.4 Released

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:01:50 -0400

Release 0.4 of each of the Docstring Processing System and reStructuredText
markup parser projects have been posted to their project sites (URLs in my
.sig below).  These releases are the final ones for these projects.  The two
projects will be merged and renamed to "Docutils"; a SourceForge project is
being constructed at http://docutils.sourceforge.net/, and a 0.1 release of
Docutils will follow shortly.

Once the DPS and reStructuredText projects are merged and renamed, they will
become inactive.  So this is really a contractual obligation
non-announcement; you might as well wait a day or three for Docutils 0.1.

Quick links to the downloads:

  - http://prdownloads.sf.net/structuredtext/restructuredtext-0.4.tar.gz
  - http://prdownloads.sf.net/docstring/dps-0.4.tar.gz

There has been a lot of progress since the last release, long ago.  The
parser is construct-complete, there's a standalone input file reader, and a
simple HTML/CSS writer.  There are a few simple front-ends in
restructuredtext/tools; see its README.txt.

There is still much work to be done.  If you would like to be added as a
developer to the new Docutils project, please let me know (I've already
added some people as developers).

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net