[Doc-SIG] Re: [development doc updates]

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
29 Apr 2002 13:07:43 -0400

[Fred L. Drake, Jr.]

> The GNU info files have been contributed, but a patch has just been
> submitted that I'll try to get to in time.  In the past, we've run
> into problems with elisp library incompatibilies between emacs and
> xemacs.  We'll see how the proposed patch holds up.

If the Emacs Lisp incompatibilities come from the Emacs/XEmacs Texinfo
formatting modules, I would guess you might be better off using the
`makeinfo' tool instead, which is much more speedy, anyway.  `makeinfo' (as
well as the stand-alone `info' reader) are part of the Texinfo distribution
release.  I did not closely follow recent evolution in that area, however,
so please take my comment with a grain of salt.