[Doc-SIG] Adding new inline markup?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:22:58 -0500

[This is probably better handled on docutils-developers, but I'll let
David make that decision.]

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> RST only supports a few different inline markup notations, such as *
> and ** for emphasis, ` for interpreted things, &c.  For my application
> I'd like to add some more inline markups, such as /cited text/.

Why can't you use ` for cited text?  Remember that you're allowed to
have different kinds of interpreted text::

    :cite:`cited text`
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com