[Doc-SIG] Support for translators

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:26:12 -0500

There have been a number of attempts to create mailing lists for
translators, and organize translation efforts.  At least some lists
have disappeared as people change jobs and their old employers drop
support for the mailing lists run on their servers.  Knowing what
efforts are active can also be difficult.

I'd like to hear if translators think having a stable list hosted on
python.org would help.  We can set up either a single list for
organizing translation efforts or lists for languages with many
translators, if needed.  (Large, organized efforts may be better
served by SourceForge projects.)

I'd also like to find a volunteer interested in maintaining an
up-to-date list of translation efforts, whether the efforts are
individual or organized group efforts.

If you're interested in volunteering, please send email to
python-docs@python.org.  Suggestions for alternative approaches or
additional ways to help should be sent to the Doc-SIG mailing list.

Please feel free to forward this message to people you feel may be
interested in helping out who are not on the Doc-SIG mailing list!

Thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>