[Doc-SIG] References in the same line as the target text

Simon Budig Simon.Budig@unix-ag.org
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:13:39 +0200

fantasai (fantasai@escape.com) wrote:
> Alternatives:
>    a. This sentence contains an `inline hyperlink` {uri} which will direct
>       you to some other resource.
[...]
>    f. This sentence contains an `inline hyperlink` [>uri] which will direct
>       you to some other resource.
>
> I personally like (c) and (f) the best.

I wonder how you came up with this selection - it seems a bit arbitrary
to me. why not ~~uri~~ or +*uri*+?   :-)

Nah. I think that the alternative of David is not that bad. Of course
a reference__ __<link> syntax has lots of line noise, but it has the
advantage of directly referring to the other reference-syntax'es.

Of course in my eyes reference__<link> and reference_<link> would be
acceptable too, especially when you can wrap URLs with newlines within
the URL. As mentioned in my other mail I think that if this seems too
subtle to David reference__<<link>> and reference_<<link>> would be OK
with me too. But I am also happy with the current syntax - as long as
there *is* a syntax for inlining links...   :-)

Bye,
        Simon
--
      Simon.Budig@unix-ag.org       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/