[Doc-SIG] ASCII to Word?

grubert@users.sourceforge.net grubert@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:35:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Aahz wrote:

> All right, I'm ready to get started on writing my book.  My publisher
> wants the document in Word format.  I'm starting in some form of ASCII,
> quite likely reST.  What do people recommend as the best path for
> getting from here to there?  Is anyone else using reST for long
> technical documents?
>
> In the absence of better advice, I'm going to convert to OpenOffice's
> XML format, then use OpenOffice to convert to Word.  One way or another,
> I'm assuming that Python will be used for at least the first stage of
> translation.

just for fun i started a try at a pdf writer, but have not really much time
so if you really need a writer i might try to adapt or make a different one.

for going to word html might be not a bad option as word would read it as i
heard. what means word actually, a word readable format is definately something
different ? would rtf be word enough ?

--
 BINGO: Think outside the box
 --- Engelbert Gruber -------+