[Doc-SIG] Older Python Documentation

Grant Harris grant-h@msn.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:34:42 -0700

Hello,

I'm working on a web site (http://www.webdocs.org) that hosts the
current and older releases of the official Python documentation, along
with some other Python-related docs.

I currently have Python documentation from as far back as version 1.4 on
the site, but nothing older.  If possible, I'd like to include as many
releases of the Python documentation as I can find (if not all of them).
However, I can't seem to find anything prior to Python 1.4.  (I did
happen to find some tex files for a couple older versions, but no html
files.)

Also, I'm relatively new to Python (less than a year), so I don't even
know which older versions were officially released.  For instance, I
know that there was a version 1.3 and a 1.2 released, but was there ever
a version 1.2.1 or 1.3.1?

My guess is that no one today would even care about documentation from
that far back.  But personally I think it's cool to be able to see how
Python has evolved over the years.

If anyone knows where I can get documentation for versions of Python
older than 1.4, please let me know.

Regards,

-Grant