[Doc-SIG] Simplified table syntax proposals (reStructuredText )

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:20:08 +0100

From: David Goodger [mailto:goodger@users.sourceforge.net]
> Moore, Paul wrote:
> > I find option (3) almost totally unreadable.
>
> Did you look at this example?  It's much clearer:
>
>     http://docutils.sf.net/spec/notes.html#bugs
>
> The example in the problems.txt file shows all possible
> variations in a single small table, so it's bound to be
> difficult.

Yes, that looks a *lot* better. I think the limitation of not being able to
have multi-line cells could be significant, but otherwise it looks
reasonable.

Depends on what the design constraints are (functionally complete, vs easy
to enter, vs easy to read in raw form, ...) I don't have enough use cases to
judge on that. I get the impression that functional completeness has been a
criterion in previous cases, though.

Paul.