[Doc-SIG] some ideas for reStructuredText & document model

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
01 Mar 2002 09:36:09 +0000

David Goodger <goodger@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> What's this? Garth the yes-man? Strange days.
>
> [David]
> >> - Render footnote references as superscripts without "[]"?
>
> [Garth
> > This is where you start wanting to use XHTML/CSS.
>
> My HTML Writer uses CSS1 extensively, but only HTML 4.01. Is XHTML
> support ready for prime time?

So long as you're careful about your HTML, use lower case tags and
write "<br />" instead of "<br>", you won't miss XHTML by much, in my
limited experience.

Kind of the point of XHTML is that browsers already support it by
accident :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
  I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung