[Doc-SIG] Moving HOW-TOs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:30:51 -0400

Aahz writes:
 > It's not clear to me how the HOW-TO collection should be integrated into
 > the python.org CVS and publishing system, given the non-HTML nature of
 > much of it.  I'm not competent to say anything, so I'm punting to
 > doc-sig as the appropriate place to discuss it.  If this is the wrong
 > list, I'd suggest pydotorg as the appropriate spot.

I think this is the right place.

I don't think it was ever suggested to move the maintenance location
of the HOWTO collection to the the python.org repository, nor would
that make sense.  I'm actually quite happy to leave the CVS repository
where it is.  Content that makes sense as part of the standard
documentation can be migrated into that collection somehow; each
document should be reviewed independently for appropriateness.

Regarding publication, it should be made easier to incorporate these
documents.  I'm sure we can come up with something push-style process
to deal with this, but I'm afraid the authentication issues may avoid
removing pydotorg "staff" intervention.  But I'll start thinking about
it.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>