[Doc-SIG] RE: emphasis presentation (was verse construct (was Re: [Docutils-develop] Parsing oddness))

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Thu, 9 May 2002 10:13:43 +0100

Paul Moore wrote:
> As a related point, I personally would prefer ``*emphasis*``
> to be bold, not italic, as this is the usage I see most
> frequently in E-Mail.

Interesting. For me, *because* I see the asterisk delimitation more
often, I want it to be italic - italic for me is more emphasised (easier
to discriminate) than bold. Of course, this probably supports your point
about separating presentation from structure - it's easy to conceive of
a tool that produces presentation according to either of our
preferences.

Tibs

Well we're safe now....thank God we're in a bowling alley.
- Big Bob (J.T. Walsh) in "Pleasantville"