[Doc-SIG] verse construct (was Re: [Docutils-develop] Parsing oddness)

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:09:47 -0400

On Fri, May 10, 2002, Moore, Paul wrote:

> Again, it's a case of being aware of your target application. Not many
> people quote poetry in technical documentation. But many would want to
> include an address. On the other hand, the balance could be completely the
> opposite in E-Mail postings (depending on the mailing list). It's still a
> case of needing to understand the priorities.

Overall, "not many" is correct; I just want to emphasize that it's not
"few" or "rare".

> Yes. Given that my preferred use case is addresses, I'd argue for "address
> blocks", and then note in the documentation that these will work for all
> sorts of other things, like quoting verse... (And I'm not really joking
> here, either!)

"Address blocks" is okay.  WRT your "multiline blocks", I suggest simply
"line blocks".
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"usenet imitates usenet"  --Darkhawk