[Doc-SIG] More broken \ref links

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:38:21 -0400

Neal Norwitz writes:
 > (/home/neal/build/python/dist/src/Doc/texinputs/boilerplate.tex) (tut.aux)
 > Runaway argument?
 > {\contentsline {chapter}{\numberline {9}Cl
 > ! File ended while scanning use of \@writefile.
 > <inserted text>
 >                 \par
 > l.14 \begin{document}
 >
 > ?
 > ! Emergency stop.
 > <inserted text>
 >                 \par
 > l.14 \begin{document}
 >
 > No pages of output.
 > Transcript written on tut.log.
 > *** Session transcript and error messages are in /home/neal/build/python/dist/src/Doc/html/tut/tut.how.
 > *** Exited with status 1.

Very strange; did you have LaTeX run that you interrupted with ^C or
similar?  If there's a tut.toc that ends with that "Cl" shown in the
message (which I think could be truncated in presentation), then
there's definately a damaged intermediate file.  I get a slightly
different error (though very similar) if I create a tut.toc that
exhibits that symptom directly.

If there is a tut.toc file present, try removing it and running
mkhowto again.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>