[Doc-SIG] controlling sections levels

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:52:15 -0500

Albert Ting wrote:
> I'm currently pre-processing a file into a reStructuredText format,
> then call core.publish_string().  There probably is a better way, by
> writing my own reader, but not sure how Reader class is used.

If you're not trying to do anything fancy, core.publish_string()
should be fine.  It's when you need to do special processing that you
need a custom Reader; see
http://docutils.sf.net/spec/pep-0258.html#readers for an overview.
There have been some discussions of Reader classes on the
docutils-develop list lately
(http://lists.sf.net/lists/listinfo/docutils-develop).  If you
describe your goals, I can advise you if you need a Reader.

And FYI, all the Docutils runtime settings are listed in
http://docutils.sf.net/docs/tools.html#configuration-file-entries .

--
David Goodger  <goodger@users.sourceforge.net>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/