[Doc-SIG] Referencing specific function/class inside howto

Lars Immisch lars at ibp.de
Mon Aug 18 18:11:31 EDT 2003

Dear all,

I am using the existing Python documentation framework to write a howto
for some internal software.

I want to reference specific functions and/or classes from other
functions/classes, not just sections. To invent an example that
hopefully illustrates my point:

I want to do something along the lines of:

\begin{funcdesc}{foo}{arg}
\code{arg} must be a class of type \code{Bar}. See \ref{Bar} for a
description.
\end{funcdesc}

\begin{classdesc}{Bar}{baz}
Class \code{Bar} is froody and is constructed from a sprocket.
\end{classdesc}

I can't see how to do this and can't even find an example in the
existing Python documentation source.

Any hints are appreciated.

Please Cc: me in your replies, since I am not subscribed to the doc-sig yet.

- Lars Immisch