[Doc-SIG] Wikis using reST

Brett Cannon drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:19:19 -0800 (PST)

[David Goodger]

> I saw pictures from your session at PyCon:
> <http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pypics/> (698-702).  How did it go?  Good
> turnout?

And if you really care about seeing more photos of me, Guido has a shot of
me during the tutorial as well.

I was extremely nervous, so I personally can't tell.  Steve Holden said I
did a good job and someone who listened walked past me and told me I did a
good job.

As for turnout, it started small since I was scheduled at the same time as
the trailing end of Aahz's threads tutorial.  But as it went on (and
Aahz's talk ended) people started to come in.  Probably started with aobut
25 people and ended up with about 40-50 in the end.

After the tutorial another 30 minutes was spent answering questions and
just talking.  Learned ActiveState (thanks to David Ascher) is using it
for docs between marketing and the dev folks.  David Abrahams is also
writing his book in reST (then outputs to tex and converts that to pdf for
when he has to give drafts to his publisher).

-Brett