[Doc-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Documentation packages

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Oct 2 11:14:24 EDT 2003

[Andrew MacIntyre]
> If you're producing PDF, why produce Postscript?  AFAIK, Ghostscript
> digests PDF and can generate Postscript for those that have/want to use a
> Postscript printer.  Around here, print shops seem to actually _prefer_
> PDF.

But some of us are not print shops, and have Postscript printers, which
are better fed with Postscript, and do not directly accept PDF.

PDF to Postscript converters are not 100% dependable, even if they do
the job most of the time.  Given `.pdf' and `.ps', for one, I would
almost always pick the `.ps' file, to avoid possible fights and trouble.