[Doc-SIG] Re: Docutils: Line block by default

Dethe Elza dethe.elza at blastradius.com
Tue Oct 14 12:53:25 EDT 2003

David Goodger wrote:

> Dethe Elza wrote:
> > One more docutils question.  I want to set up an editing environment
> > for my wife to organize her poetry.  How would I go about processing
> > restructured text so that it always behaves as if the line-block::
> > directive is in effect?
>
> Interesting question.  There is no direct support for such
> functionality at present.
>
> You could write a script, wrapper (Docutils Reader), and/or makefile
> that indents the input text and prefaces it with ".. line-block::".
> That's the simplest and most direct solution.

OK, that sounds like a winner.  I knew I could do it that way, but
wasn't sure how the state-machine works.  I thought maybe I could
initialize it in such a way that the line-block directive appeared to
already be in effect.

--Dethe

"Trusting a scientist on questions of metaphysics is like paying
someone else to worship God for you." -- Bill Welton