[Doc-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] [development doc updates]

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Sep 29 12:08:56 EDT 2003

Moore, Paul writes:
 > Agreed. This also affects the Windows "HTML Help" format documentation,
 > where the string and list methods don't make it into the contents "tree"
 > display in the left hand pane.

This is such an oft-requested change that we really need to find a
better solution than we have now.  These pages also don't lend
themselves to being moved up the hierarchy, which is what drives the
table of contents.

Perhaps what we need is a list of probably no more than 20 links from
the top of the document tree (parallel to the Python Documentation
Index and the Global Module Index) of "quick links" into the tree.

Does anyone want to volunteer to collect a list of candidate links?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation