[Doc-SIG] partial rewrite of the "extending and embedding" manual

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Aug 7 17:05:27 CEST 2004

I've been heard before now to complain about the extending and
embedding manual.  Some time ago I started a rewrite, and found it
again this morning ;-)

I've uploaded what I have here:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/toext/

>From the introduction, a sort of manifesto for the document is:

    This document is intended to make sense when read from beginning
    to end and is written in a terse style with an emphasis on
    examples.  Extreme Programming applied to documentation, if you
    like.

Comments welcome.  Feel free to be very critical of what's there, and
suggestions of missing material are also welcome.  I'm quite keen on
the idea of it all being in one person's (i.e. mine, unless someone
much more enthusiastic takes over) prose style, so I'm not
particularly looking for contributions of content (but obviously can
handle such, if you're prepared to see me rewrite your carefully
wrought sentences :-).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  > Touche! But this confirms you are composed of logic gates.
  Crud, I thought those were neurons in there.
                    -- Thomas F. Burdick, Kenny Tilton, comp.lang.lisp