[Doc-SIG] ReST: how to break at the end of each line?

Pijus Virketis pvirketis at hbk.com
Mon May 3 10:06:02 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I am writing my website's links page using ReST. The format
I'd like to achieve is very simple:

Python: favourite scripting language.
ReST: neat text processing system.

What I've got in the way of ReST is:

`Python <http://www.python.org>`__ favourite scripting language.
`ReST <http://docutils.sourceforge.net>`__ neat text processing system.

So far, so good. The only problem is that when html.py renders the
text, it puts everything on one line:

Python: favourite scripting language. ReST: neat text processing system.

I realise that this is the way a paragraph is supposed to
be handled; but now I would like to insert breaks at the end of each
line in a
nice ReST-like way, without resorting to hacks. Literal block does not
seem to be the ticket, since it does not process the ` <>`__ bit
correctly. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

Pijus