[Doc-SIG] Python Tutorial - urllib2

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Thu Dec 22 17:08:16 CET 2005

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 10:06:48AM -0500, Martin Blais wrote:
>
>>Your tutorial is great.  Read it a while ago.  Would love to see it
>>along the other tutorials or even in the library docs for the module
>>(as the urllib2 docs are a bit thin on explanations).
>

> There's also the Doc/howto directory.  It's not part of the standard
> documentation set yet, but it already includes one reST document
> (unicode.rst), so your tutorial could just be added as a urllib2 HOWTO
> without any conversion.  (At that point we probably *should* be
> thinking of building the HOWTOs as part of the docset.)

My source document uses some macros - e.g. to colorize the python code
examples. I'm happy to clean it up for inclusion as a "HOWTO Fetch
Internet Resources Using urllib2".

I don't have unrestricted internet access here (ironically enough) - so
could you email me the unicode.rst source so I can give it a similar format.

Should I privately email you the result for you to assess ? I could
probably complete this tonight...

The risk it that it will duplicate some of the material which should be
(soon) included in the urllib2 documentation.

Again, I could wait until Fred has done this and see if a fuller
tutorial is appropriate ?

Many Thanks

Fuzzyman