[Doc-SIG] that library reference, again

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Dec 26 19:53:27 CET 2005

as seen on the doc-sig:

> > > javadoc's
> > >
> > >     {@link os.popen}
> > >
> > > is even shorter.
> > >
> > > hmm.  maybe a combination of rest/html/whatever and pythondoc markup
> > > would be the ultimate tool for the library reference...
> >
> > <* heavy clapping sound of my footsteps while running away screaming in fear *>
>
> really?

since everything that has people running in fear is worth investigating
further, I've spent a few hours putting together a first iteration of a
"python.org library reference to a javadoc-ish source format converter".

more info here:

    http://effbot.org/zone/pythondoc-lib.htm

including goals, non-goals, and 2.5 megabytes of converted (but not
yet properly rendered) library pages.

</F>