[Doc-SIG] new to documenting python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Dec 28 23:52:01 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005, Chris Jerdonek wrote:

> I read in "Documenting Python" that you're discussing/starting to
> migrate from LaTeX markup to XML.  If I'm interested in learning to
> write documentation for a Python application, does it still make sense
> for me to learn using your LaTeX approach?  When do you expect being
> able to generate PDFs from XML?

Switching away from LaTeX is still pie-in-the-sky.  But you certainly
don't need to use LaTeX for your own application -- pick whatever suits
you.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger."  --Roy Smith