[Doc-SIG] Good API doc generation in the Python world recently?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Jan 28 17:06:22 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January à 10:51, Aahz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005, Michael Foord wrote:
> >
> > epydoc isn't abandoned - but happydoc is.
> >
> > I like epydoc, but would also prefer to see a version that parsed
> > source code rather than importing it. Would make it much harder to
> > link classes to super classes etc though I guess.
>
> One of the primary goals for Python 2.5 is to finally push through the
> AST branch.  If you want parsed source, consider joining python-dev and
> helping with that project.

What do you mean ? Core python being based on a more usable ast than the
one returned by the parser module ? More than that ?
Would be very interested if you could tell be more about your point, or
giving me some pointers...

TIA
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).