[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST

Martin Blais martin.blais at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:43:19 CEST 2005

On 5/18/05, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> But I have a lot of middling documentation.  It's not doctestable, it's
> not structured so that an interface is useful, the code is in modules I
> don't expect the user to import specifically, and I am wary of just
> creating a separate text file because of API drift; I've found it hard
> to keep track of the information in two places.

i'm going to sound like a sucker here, but why not just put it "next"
to the module file, in a .txt file?, e.g.

  module.py
  module.txt

won't hurt the code, and it's right there a C-xC-f away...  (I don't
like to have docs there somehow (and i suppose you don't either
because nobody does it), but i really cannot say why...)