[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu May 19 15:07:46 CEST 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 04:18, Michael Hudson wrote:
[re: making the doc tools easier to use outside the Python sources]
 > That's not a bad idea at all.

And one I started work on at one point, but never had time to make much
progress on.  But that was at a time when we were still talking about SGML.

 > Note, though, that the easiest way of getting the tools working (for
 > me :) is symlinking
 >
 >    ~/bin/mkhowto -> ~/Source/python/dist/src/Doc/tools/mkhowto

Yes.

 > and then, er, keeping the mkhowto invocation in my shell history.
 > This could probably be streamlined, yes.

"mkhowto mydocs.tex" is hard, how?

Some sort of configuration file would be handy, perhaps, and make it easier to
reproduce specific sets of options.  I'd be open to patches.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>