[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu May 26 23:10:37 CEST 2005

    Fred> This is another reason I'm not convinced we need to change markup
    Fred> systems.

I'm not convinced we actually need to change markup systems either.  My
suggestion that perhaps migrating to reST was motivated by:

    * my dread (real or imagined) that trying to coax different output from
      latex2html would be a big PITA

    * a perhaps invalid assumption that reST-as-input would generate more
      documentation contributions based upon the occasional comment I've
      seen over the years that (paraphrasing), "I can't contribute - I don't
      know how to use LaTeX."

I'm personally comfortable with LaTeX.  Fred has yet to complain about my
markup errors, so if we can find other ways to address the above
problems/perceptions, I'd actually be happy to keep LaTeX.

Skip