[Doc-SIG] regarding the current state of Python docs

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jan 18 12:51:28 CET 2006

John M. Gabriele wrote:

>> in my spare spare time:
>>
>>     http://effbot.org/zone/pyref.htm
>>     http://effbot.org/lib/ (output snapshots)
>>     http://online.effbot.org/ (look for documentation posts)
>
> So, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at there. Have
> you been taking the doc source (LaTeX) and converting it
> to input suitable for moinmoin, or are you writing your own
> wiki engine with its own markup style?

I prefer to model things as a collection of components, and leave the
overall architecture open for as long as possible.  The links above dis-
cusses converters, a reference-specific markup format (based on java-
doc), a reference-specific naming model (targets), and renderers.

You can use these with a full-blown wiki as the editor and cms, or you
can use something else.  I'm open for all ideas.  The only things I'll keep
ignoring are unqualified vetos ;-)

</F>