[Doc-SIG] Best way to contribute

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 13 03:27:49 CEST 2007

    Campbell> Hi, Id like to contribute some changes to the C/API docs
    Campbell>
    Campbell> http://docs.python.org/api/api.html
    Campbell>
    Campbell> I mailed my changes to docs at python.org but only got an
    Campbell> auto-reply.
    Campbell>
    Campbell> Would the best way to submit changes be to checkout Python,
    Campbell> edit the tex file in the Doc/api directory and submit a patch?
    Campbell>
    Campbell> Should I submit the patch to the tracker or to this list?

    Alan> I contributed a small amount of documentation, several years
    Alan> ago. It took many months before someone had the time to pick up
    Alan> the change, review it and approve it.

Any patches should be submitted to SourceForge with attached diffs to the
Subversion repositry (in the relatively near future the new Roundup-based
tracker will replace SF).  There are many people who read and respond to
those submissions who aren't subscribed to this mailing list.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/