[Doc-SIG] Best way to contribute

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 08:13:31 CEST 2007

Lea Wiemann schrieb:
> On 8/10/07, Fred Drake <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> We're about to move away from using LaTeX for the documentation, so
>> LaTeX patches probably aren't the best approach any more.
>
> Regarding the move to reStructuredText, even at the point where the
> tool-chain is stable, it will take some time till the migration
> actually happens.  I'd assume that an *optimistic* time-line for
> moving to the complete documentation to reStructuredText is a couple
> months from now.

I wouldn't think so :)

If you look in svn.python.org/projects/doctools, the replacement trees are
already there and waiting to be moved into python/Doc -- they are maintained
in parallel at the moment. Conversion to HTML is stable and the Web version
won't be needed for many months. By that time, a PDF conversion will also be
in place.

I had in mind to write a switch announcement in the next few days.

Georg