[Doc-SIG] [Python-Dev] The docs, reloaded

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun May 20 11:11:59 CEST 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 03:31:59PM -0500, Ron Adam wrote:
>     - The html syntax highlighters.   (Pydoc can use those)

I have a patch on the docutils patch tracker that does this. Code is
probably of a rather bad quality, but it outputs LaTeX and HTML. If we
can work together to improve this patch and get it in docutils it will
avoid having different syntaxes and behavior depending on the front-end
to docutils being used (I am thinking of rest2web, trac, and I am
probably forgetting some others).

The patch has been sitting there for almost 6 months without review, but
I have that if people other than me work on it and ask for review it will
both improve, and get reviewed, and eventually get in !

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I really do think we need a unifying
approach to this.

Gaël