[Doc-SIG] autogenerating API docs using sphinx

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Mon Apr 14 23:51:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I wrote a short script for autogenerating API from sources, the output
are .rst files that sphinx can parse and generate the docs in the
modules/index sections.

Unfortunately, if the docstrings are not written in rst, it's not
going to work properly. Also it uses python inspection (it's easy to
implement), instead of parsing the source files directly.

I am putting it here in case you find it useful. I wrote it for sympy
originally, but we are not using it yet, because the output contains
too much noise.

Please let me know if you improve it/fix it. :)

Ondrej