[Doc-SIG] epydoc reST markup for stdlib docstrings

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Apr 14 16:47:39 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> Right - and included in the contract can be details like what exceptions an
> API raises. We don't necessarily need a standard to specify that (?) but it
> is the sort of information that ought to be in docstrings where relevant.

Yep.

I was really just wanting to emphasize that extracting information
from the signature is likely to be wrong.  Unless there's a way to say
explicitly that it's right.  (Which would require a known
interpretation, which isn't really as easy as it sounds.)

  -Fred